The Library/media program links students, teachers, and other members of the learning community to the world of information by:
* Teaching students to become informationally literate and lifelong learners,
* Working in collaborative partnerships to meet individual needs, and
* Providing access to information resources and technology.
To that end the goal of the School Library/Media Program is to:
* Support curriculum and provide materials on all levels, for all subjects and interests of students, teachers, and administrators.
* Instruct teachers and students in research, study skills and use of the media center and its materials.
* Encourage students to develop critical thinking and to promote continuing educational and cultural growth in an inviting atmosphere.
* Provide multi-format material, such as books, films, filmstrips, records, tapes, periodicals, pictures, maps, computer software, CD-ROMs, laserdisks, and other resources as well as audiovisual equipment for using these materials.
* Include production facilities for use by students and teachers.
* Foster the love of reading and lifelong learning.
The library/media program is truly the heart of learning in our schools.