Welcome to the Hudson City School District!
The Hudson City School District provides an educational program, pre-kindergarten through 12th grade, which maximizes the intellectual, physical and social and emotional development of each child in a safe, nurturing, and diverse environment. With 4,700 students, we are consistently in the top 1% of school districts in Ohio, with a rating of Excellent or Excellent with Distinction, and rank in the top 3% nationally by the Washington Posts, "Most Challenging High Schools" for Advanced Placement curriculum. Our schools produce graduates with the capacity for success. 95% of our students attending four-year colleges. We have a strong commitment to citizenship, an appreciation of diversity and a desire to help our students make a positive contribution in life. We are highly competitive at the local, regional and state levels in athletics and we offer a comprehensive music program which includes award-winning vocal and jazz programs, a world-class orchestra, and a 260-member marching band.
Recent Academic Awards and Recognition:
- 2012 AP 3rd Annual Honor Roll
- 2012 27 National Merit Scholars
- 2008 National Blue Ribbon High School - this designation last for 5 years.
- 2008 State winner of the National Siemens Foundation AP Award in Science, Math and Technology
- 2010 11th Consecutive Year - State Recognition " Excellent or Excellence with Distinction"
- 2010, Sixteen students have been recognized by the National Merit Scholarship program.
- 2010, The Hudson School District was recognized by the state of Ohio as a model district for Service Learning Programs.
- 2010-11 Ohio's National Siemens AP Awards were earned by two Hudson High School seniors. Only 1 male and 1 female receive this award in each of the 50 states, both Ohio winners were from Hudson High School.
Recent Athletic Honors:
- Nearly half of the students at Hudson High School participate in a sport.
- 2011 State Champions in Boys' Lacrosse
- 2011 State-Runner-up in Gymnastics
- 2011 Girls' Lacrosse State Semi-Finals
- 2010- 2011 Eight NOC League Championships
- 2011 athletes were named NOC scholar/athletes, maintaining a 3.4 GPA or higher.
- 2012 33 students earn Gold Medals at the national level of the Scholastic Art Competition, 1 senior named to the Governor's Top 25 Art Competition.
- The Hudson High School Band, Orchestra and Choir received Superior Ratings in competition, garner invitations to Severance Hall and Carnegie Hall in New York City.
Recent Operations Awards and Recognition:
- Six Energy Star designated buildings.
- Award-winning Nutrition Services Department.
- The Hudson City School District has been recognized for its outstanding financial reporting for more than a decade, earning the "Excellence in Financial" reporting from two distinct national and international organizations.
- The District has also earned the "Making Your Tax Dollars Count" State Award for two consecutive years. Less than 5% of the 5,500 entities audited by the State receive this award.
Per pupil expenditure: $12,700
Schools: 4 elementary schools, 1 Middle School and 1 High School. The Hudson School District does not have neighborhood schools. Buildings are organized by grade levels.
Staff: Over 80% of the certified staff hold Masters Degrees or Doctorate Degrees. Thirty-one teachers are National Board Certified.
Transportation: The Hudson City Schools contracts its student transportation with Petermann Ltd, the Ohio Division of Durham.
Food Service: The Hudson Nutrition Services Department is a self-supporting system that offers breakfast and lunch to all students. In addition, we serve Free and Reduced Lunches to eligible students.